FurPlanet publishes several anthologies each year, including FANG and ROAR under our Bad Dog Books imprint. This page will be updated with submission info and deadlines for all anthologies which are open for submission.
NOTE: Please read all the submission information carefully and address any questions directly to the editor linked in the anthology description.
Anthology General Terms: Authors of accepted submissions agree to a payment of 1/2 cent per word, exclusive publication rights in print and electronic formats for the period of one year from date of publication and non-exclusive rights in perpetuity thereafter. Submissions must not contain any copyrighted characters which the author does not hold the copyright on. Any story submissions featuring minors in sexual situations will be rejected.
Please read the below submission calls if you'd like to participate and contact the editors directly with any questions.
Thanks for considering contributing to our books and good luck!
FANG Volume 9 - Bad Romance
I know everyone has been waiting but the wait is finally over. After much thinking and revising the theme for FANG Volume 9 is “Bad Romance.” This is a broad theme that I know can go many places.
- Forbidden/Taboo (within reason) Relationships – If you want warring families and factions with love that shouldn’t be that would work as a “Bad Romance”
- “Doomed” relationships and affairs that are passionate but not sustainable
- Romance that just goes badly comedically
There are plenty of options here. If you are not sure if your story is on theme please reach out to the editor and he will gladly assist you.
FANG is an M/M erotic furry anthology. All stories must center around anthropomorphic animals and contain erotic/sexual content; it is a staple of the collection after all.
Please adhere to the following submission guidelines:
- Story length is between 5,000 and 15,000 words. Please query if you plan to exceed this limit.
- Multiple Submissions – Please limit yourself to no more than 2 submissions.
- Reprints – Please query the editor directly about this topic.
- Simultaneous Submissions – We are not accepting simultaneous submissions.
- Please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following formatting/content:
a. Email Subject Line: i. SUBMISSION: “Story Title” | Word Count
b. Your message body will serve as your cover letter please include the following information:
i. Your legal name
ii. Authorial name/fandom name
iii. A two (2) to four (4) sentence summary of the story
iv. Any other information you want the editor to have regarding yourself or your submission that is not asked for above.
- Submissions Open: 21-October-2017
- Submissions Close: 1-April-2018
- Acceptance/Rejection: Between 8-April-2018 and 15-April-2018
- Release Date: Anthrocon 2018
- Half a cent per word plus a contributor’s copy
FANG is a FurPlanet/Bad Dog Books Production | Ashe has served as editor for the collection for FANG 5, 6, 7, 8, and now 9.
ROAR Volume 9 - Resistance
ROAR 9 is open to submissions until Feb. 1st, 2018.
We're looking for excellent general audience furry stories on the theme "RESISTANCE." If you have an excellent story, but you're not sure it fits the theme, give it a try. We can be generous in how we interpret "resistance," but all stories must be furry. That means an anthropomorphic animal figure should be significantly featured in your story -- it could be anthropomorphic in body or only intelligence. We'll consider any type of furry fiction from secret life of animals to fox in Starbucks -- as long as it's excellent. Though, the editor does have a preference for stories where the animal nature of the characters matters -- if the reader can't even remember the species of the characters by the end of the story, then that's not a good sign.
We are interested in underrepresented voices. If you have personal experience relevant to your story, feel free to mention it in your cover letter. For instance, if your story is about a space unicorn and you are a space unicorn (or a research biologist who studies space unicorns), let us know. We are not interested in stories that involve rape in any way.
Please send submissions as an attached .doc, .docx, or .rtf file in Standard Manuscript Format to ROARanthology(at)gmail.com with a subject line that reads: SUBMISSION: "Story Title" - word count. (For an example of Standard Manuscript Format, see this essay by William Shunn. For help with writing a cover letter, check out this excellent advice from Strange Horizons.)
- Length -- Between 2,000 and 18,000 words. Query if longer or shorter. We tend to prefer stories between 4,000 and 12,000 words.
- Multiple submissions -- Keep it reasonable; two or three stories at a time is probably okay; ten isn't.
- Reprints -- Yes, but include information about where the story was previously published. We're more interested in stories that will be new to the majority of our audience.
- Simultaneous submissions -- No. If you send a story to us, please don't send it anywhere else until you hear back from us.
- Response time -- Most final decisions won't be made until after the deadline, but all stories should receive a response by March 1st.
- Payment -- 1/2 cent per word and one contributor's copy.*
- Deadline -- February 1st, 2018
- Expected release date -- July, 2018
The ROAR anthologies are a FurPlanet production. The editor for ROAR 9 is Mary E. Lowd, who also edited ROAR 6, ROAR 7, and ROAR 8.
CLAW Volume 1
It is with great pleasure that we announce the first ever F/F erotic furry anthology, CLAW! Claw will be a yearly anthology in the same vein as ROAR and FANG, so the same general rules apply. Because this is CLAW’s inaugural volume, the theme is “General”, meaning that we are accepting a wide variety of submissions across multiple genres; the editor would like a healthy showcase of F/F erotica, so please feel free to take chances, make mistakes, and get messy. ;-)
Claw is first and foremost a F/F erotic furry anthology, so all submissions must include anthropomorphic animals and contain erotic content. That being said, please refrain from excessive gore, bestiality, rape or other extreme content.
Kirisis “KC” Alpinus will be the lead editor for this inaugural edition. That being said, I am looking for enthusiastic slush pile readers. I would also like to showcase the diverse female and female-identifying authors in this fandom, so I am strongly encouraging ladies to submit their stories for consideration and applying to work on this team. If you are interested, please send an email to email@example.com detailing your interest and experience working with slush piles.
Please adhere to the following submission guidelines for this anthology:
1) Story length is between 2,500 and 12,000 words. Please query if you plan to exceed this limit.
2) Multiple Submissions – Please limit yourself to no more than 2 submissions.
3) Reprints – For this anthology, reprints will not be accepted. (Anything previously published online is considered a reprint).
4) Simultaneous Submissions – Query for simultaneous submissions
5) All submissions must be an attachment (.doc, docx, rtf) in Standard Manuscript format
6) Please send all submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org using Standard Manuscript Guidelines (Strange Horizons has a wonderful link here: http://strangehorizons.com/submit/fiction-submission-guidelines/)
• Submissions Open: February 3, 2017
• Submissions Close: September 3, 2017
• Release Date: Anthrocon 2018
• Payment: 1/2 cent per word and a contributor copy of the publication
CLAW is a FurPlanet/Bad Dog Books Production | KC Alpinus is proud to join the FurPlanet/Bad Dog Books family with this inaugural anthology.